TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: AshSPEC LPHF Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds Black Friday Sale >
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: AshSPEC LPHF Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds Black Friday Sale >

Posted by Bigwill837 on November 26, 2016 at 3:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 882 times.

In Reply To AshSPEC LPHF Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds Black Friday Sale > posted by Ash's Z on November 25, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Message Over several years I've made three different purchases from Ash, including these manifolds. I purchased a DualZ intake (from back in the day before Selin or MAP), an AshSpec electric fan shroud, and the AshSpec manifolds.

Every single purchase has been a huge PITA to deal with Ash.

The DualZ took forever to ship, but I eventually did receive it. I had to hound him for about six months.

The electric fan shroud, I did not wait for the PayPal protection plan to expire, and eventually asked for a refund (because Ash could not ship it within 60 days of my order).

The manifolds I eventually recieved (after a year of hounding), but was not impressed by them. They were light-weight, thin-cast manifolds. Not nearly as beefy or heavy as MSP or AMS. And I thought the manifold flange material at the head was too thin, and would blow gaskets. I sold them almost immediately after receiving them. To my knowledge, no one has dyno'd them yet. Let alone, put some miles on them and see if they crack.

Based on these purchase experiences, I would never give Ash any money directly.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.